Poland, 27 October – 3 November 2022
With the Learning Lab(oratory) project, we aim to improve the quality of non-formal and informal learning aspects of volunteering activities in our organisations, in both physical and online formats.
Why do we do it?
- we all want to maintain a high quality of our non-formal activities (workshops, webinars, workcamps…);
- for this, we need to ensure constant training of less experienced volunteers and activists;
- our organisations are learning how to adapt to the new world of digital education and volunteering;
- we want to better include persons with fewer opportunities in our activities – also through the new online formats.
- Three thematic webinars (5-10.2022) on visual facilitation for boosting learning (17.05), impact measurement of educational activities (13.06) and inclusion of persons with disabilities into non-formal learning (24.10).
- Learning Lab(oratory) Training Course (7-14.07.2022, Bulgaria) on organising and running high-quality learning activities in both in-person and online environments.
- Learning Lab(oratory) Pro Training Course (27.10-3.11.2022, Poland) – getting more in-depth on the topics of inclusion and new tools and trends in learning and development.
- Practice time (7.2022-2.2023) – organising learning activities on a local level.
- Publishing resources for educators (11.2022) – Facilitator’s Cards and Infographic for Inclusion.
Join our free training course on quality learning!
The “Learning Lab(oratory) Pro” Training Course will take place between 27.10 and 3.11.2022 in Poznań, Poland.
- Are you interested in non-formal education?
- Are you willing to develop your facilitation skills?
- Do you want to learn more about how to provide high-quality non-formal activities (workshops, webinars, workcamps, training courses…)?
- Are you motivated to explore more about online facilitation and digital tools?
- Are you committed to organising more inclusive educational events?
- Are you a resident of Austria, Bulgaria, Belgium, Germany, North Macedonia, Poland, Portugal, Serbia or Slovenia?
- Are you ready to meet amazing people from 9 countries, make new friendships and get inspired by their ideas and projects?
- Would you like to combine city and nature, staying a week at the lakeside with an all-year ski slope and thermal baths, yet just 3 km from the charming Poznań Old Town?
- And all this with no or little cost?!
If your answers are “Yes, this is me!”, then…
… we have an offer for you!! 🙂
At the training course, you will:
- understand better what quality non-formal learning is, what its elements are and how to provide such learning experiences to all young people,
- learn innovative methods for enhancing the learning processes directed toward young people,
- explore tools for supporting digital learning and online volunteering,
- find creative and engaging ways for turning regular educational activities into an online format,
- discuss how to provide more inclusive and versatile learning opportunities for young people, including such with fewer opportunities,
- exchange ideas, good practices, inspirations, and share resources,
- plan a follow-up action to take place in your local community upon the course completion.
APPLY UNTIL 25.09.2022!
We are working on 2 resources for educators and volunteer coordinators that will support high-quality, inclusive learning processes in your projects.
- Facilitator’s Cards – a checklist on how to organise a good learning process. They will include important/key aspects of organising any learning process (from needs analysis to concrete activities and evaluation). Each card will tackle a different step of the process. There will be some useful information on the card topic, and a possibility to write personal notes. The cards will be laminated and envisaged for multiple usage thanks to the wet-erasable technology used.
- Infographic on Inclusion – it will tackle the topic of how to make our non-formal learning activities more inclusive. It will collect and summarize the practical information and tips & tricks shared during the project activities and will give specific advice on how to equally include participants with fewer opportunities.
We will launch these resources during the Open Webinar in December 2022.
The planned results of the project include:
- 56 trained educators, volunteers and youth workers, with knowledge and skills allowing to conduct high-quality educational activities, also in remote and hybrid modes;
- increasing the potential of 9 project partner organisations, developing their network of international contacts and possibilities of joint projects;
- at least 100 European youth organisations will use our Facilitator’s Cards and Infographic in 2022 and 2023 or take part in webinars organised within our project.
Additionally, thanks to new opportunities offered by remote education and new technologies, we will be able to involve more persons from rural areas and representatives of groups with fewer opportunities in our activities. We will enable them to organize international meetings and cross-border cooperation in a formula that was not possible a few years ago!
The Learning Lab (oratory) project will support the development of civil society, with people who can learn from each other and want to share their knowledge for the benefit of others – through high-quality non-formal education.
Gośka Tur – project coordinator
Sociologist and educator, a certified member of the Polish Association of NGO Trainers. In the years 2015-2020 she was the International President of SCI.
Natalie Jivkova – project coordinator
Facilitator, trainer and coach from Bulgaria. Leader of international educational projects on learning, peace and diversity. With SCI since 2002.
Elvira Amatuzzi – support volunteer
Italian by origin, since March 2022 supporting our project as an ESC volunteer.
You can contact the coordination team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our project is co-funded by the European Union. We are very thankful for making our idea possible to realise thanks to this support!
Project number 2021-1-PL01-KA153-YOU-000018791