Training activity 1: 21-29 November 2021, Diyarbakir, Turkey
The training “Youth Without Borders” aims to train youth workers, youth leaders and activists to refelct upon positive (brain drain) and negative sides of migration and gain knowledge on how to deal with challenges resulting from migration as well as how to use opportunities in the society where they currently live. By encouraging youth workers to facilitate their organizations and local communities to understand the issues surrounding migration, this project hopes to create a wave of collaborations between and among partner organizations as well as with other civil society players, local authorities, job market stakeholders and other supportive mechanisms in their local communities to the benefit of better inclusion/integration mechanisms across Europe.
The training consists of two parts. This call for applications comprises the first training course which will be
implemented in Diyarbakir, Turkey, from 21 until 29 of November 2021! The second training course will take place in Vienna, Austria, from 1st until 8th of May 2022. The training will gather 25 participants from Austria, Portugal, Greece, Italy and Spain and Turkey.
During the Tranings we will engage in following topics:
- Different political approaches towards refugees and immigrants in EU countires
- How to improve intercultural competences of youth workers in order to support young migrants and
refugees to find their way into the local communities;
- How to engage people in local communities to understand the reasons why someone has to become asylum seeker or immigrant – fight against xenophobia, intolerance, fear from unknown;
- How can we support refugees and migrants through youth work activities and integrate them successfully into the new local communities culturally, economically, socially, etc.
During both training courses we’re going to use a broad variety of non-formal education methods, such as theatrical performances, simulation games and various team building games and especially technological games such as kahoot, flipped classroom, Word Cloud Generator, QR Codes etc. We will focus on group work and discussions and will have various outdoor activities, quizzes, debates and field visits.
This Project is funded by the Erasmus+. That means that the participation is free of charge!
Travel expenses will be reimbursed: We cover your travel cost according to Erasmus+ distance calculator rules and the maximum for each participant that can be reimbursed is the depending of the country of departure as follow:
Greece: maximum 275 €
Austria and Italy: maximum 360 €
Spain: maximum 530 €
Portugal: maximum 820 €
Travel expenses will be paid according to your travel documents/bills but cannot be paid more than maximum travel costs.
Accommodation & Food
All participants will stay in the guest house of Youth and Change Association in the city-centre of Diyarbakir. You can find more details about the accomodation in the facebook page: Diyarbakir Guest House | Facebook
The food will be provided by our team in the guest house. If you have any speacial diet please let us know.
You will have Wi-Fi in the guest house.
Everyone who comes to this seminar should…
- be motivated and interested in the topic
- committed to participate in group discussions
- ideally be willing to attend (not mandatory, but recommended) both trainings
- bring ideas for trainings
- have sufficient English language skills (spoken and written);
- be committed to spreading their new skills and competences to their sending branches/organisation
Application & Deadline
In order to apply please send us an email with motivation letter at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will get back to you as soon as possible.
First application deadline is 7.11.2021.