Online Training Course
We would like to invite you to participate in the Online Training Course “CHAPTER: Anti-fascism on the Spotlight” which will gather 25 representatives of organisations from 9 countries – Austria, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Italy, Poland, Spain and Bulgaria. Participants from other EU program countries are also welcome to apply. The training is designed for active volunteers who are eager to learn more on the topic of anti-fascism and later apply their knowledge in three types of project activities: Remembrance weeks, a Research and a Campaign.
The training aims to build and train a group of experienced multipliers (remembrance messengers) and remembrance week coordinators, set up a research on the topic and define contents of the Remembrance weeks within the project.
The training is designed to prepare the future Remembrance messengers and Remembrance Weeks’ coordinators, providing them with practical and theoretical knowledge on the topic of anti-fascism. Apart from being introduced to research methodologies and communication/anti-propaganda tools, they will learn how to use non-formal education tools in order to reflect on the forms and history of facism, new danerous trends in societies and the means to resist them.
Dates, platform, methodology, experts’ team and draft program of the training course
The training will take place from 3rd to 12th of April 2021 and the team will use the ZOOM platform to interact between 2 and 4 hours daily in the mentioned period.
Within 10 working days (the program envisages 2-4 working hours per day, using non-formal learning methodology) the group will be able to:
– gather a collection of coordination tools, which will be used for the activities during the Remembrance Weeks
– collect materials on the topic from the different national contexts
– define the scope and framework of a research on the topic, receive tips on research methodologies
– set the outlines of a media campaign on the topic
– contribute to the report of the activity.
The participants are required to be available for the whole duration of the training, taking part in all the plenary and small group sessions, as well as pair and individual tasks. The methods used during the training will follow the non-formal learning methodology: working in small groups, discussions in plenary, brainstorming, presenting, role play, simulations, etc. The team of trainers will consist of international experienced trainers, facilitators and experts.
Profile of the participants
The profile of the candidate should be the following:
- Age 18+
- Able to understand and express themselves in English;
- Politically or/and socially active;
- Have and/or willing to gain experience in coordinating international activities (such as Workcamps, Peace weeks or Remembrance Weeks) and ready to organize the Remembrance week in their country on the topic of the project;
- Committed to attend for the full duration of the online training
- Volunteers, activists and youth workers/coordinators who want to learn more about innovative communication methodologies and effective tools to protect refugees and national minorities from organised violence;
- Willing to learn more about the evolution of fascism, effects and consequences of the ideology in the current situation;
- Willing to share experiences and stories from their local environment, family, friends and school (university) regarding to unfair attitude to refugees, national minorities and other;
- Willing to be open-minded and eager to learn from the workshops in this activity and from their peers, as well as maintain a positive attitude and a critical approach to the problematics and topics that will be reviewed;
- Are committed to assist or take the lead role in planning and implementing local initiatives in order to disseminate the learning outcomes.
The detailed call for participants can be found here.
If you are interested in participating, apply by 15 March 2021 filling in the online application form.
You can reach us on the following e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org if you have further questions.