Job Title: Finance and Administration Officer (FAO)
Location: Antwerp, Belgium
Type: Full-time (Fixed-term, potential for extension)
Deadline for applications: 1 October 2023
Organisation: Service Civil International (SCI)
Are you a dedicated finance professional seeking an opportunity to contribute your skills to a global organisation with a mission of promoting peace, social justice, and sustainable development? Look no further than Service Civil International (SCI). With over a century of experience in organising volunteering peace projects, SCI has a rich history of making a positive impact on the world. As the Finance Officer within our International Secretariat, you’ll play a pivotal role in ensuring the financial stability and effectiveness of an organisation that spans continents and cultures. At SCI, we believe that sound financial management is crucial to achieving our mission, and we’re looking for a talented individual who shares our commitment to make a positive impact on the world. If you’re ready to bring your financial expertise to an international stage and support our mission-driven work, we invite you to consider joining our team at SCI in our office in Antwerp.
- Manage SCI’s financial systems, including bookkeeping and audit preparation.
- Oversee internal financial processes, like payroll and reimbursement.
- Handle insurance scheme management and administrative tasks.
- Ensure compliance with financial regulations and reporting.
- Communicate effectively with internal and external stakeholders.
- Bachelor in Accounting/Finance or equivalent
- Minimum 3 years of finance experience.
- Strong bookkeeping background.
- Excellent organisational and communication skills.
- Fluency in English (written and spoken), Dutch for admin tasks.
- Commitment to SCI’s mission and values.
- Strong organisational skills, ability to multitask and set priorities
- Ability to take initiative where appropriate to deal with changing situations in daily work and the organisation.
- You must have the right to employment in Belgium.
- Knowledge of insurance systems is a plus.
- Report to SCI International Coordinator.
- Antwerp-based with occasional travel.
- Full-time, one year potential for extension.
- Competitive salary and benefits.
- Ability to work from home in agreement.
- Equal opportunities employer.
How to Apply
For more information regarding the position contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Use “Application FAO” as the email subject.